Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Week 68

November 24, 2009

Hello everyone! I hope that this letter finds everyone doing well. I am doing great! It has been a wonderful week! We had zone conference on Friday. It was fun to be with the other sisters. We had a combined mission conference so there were 8 sisters there. There was a very sweet spirit there. I didn't want it to end. We took a mission picture which was fun. President talked for the majority of the meeting. Usually we have some trainings and such but he just talked to us. Sister Sexton and President Bradsfield also spoke. It is tradition for the departing missionaries to bear their testimony. I knew that it was coming but I had no idea what to say. I had no idea who was coming home with me. President told us at the beginning that I was going home with 3 other elders. I was surprised to find out that there was a small number returning home. One of the elders was there with me but he didn't bear his testimony. President had me and the assistants bear our testimonies. It went well. I teared up a little but I didn't lose control. For that I was grateful. I didn't want to cry my way through it. I didn't do it alone. My Heavenly Father helped me out as always. It is hard to believe that I won't have another zone conference. President said that Sister Choi won't be leaving until March. We thought from the beginning that we would be companions and that we would go home together in February. We were wrong but we are still friends even though we never served together. Some of the elders there realized that I came in after them and that I am going home. They realized that their time is short too. It was pretty funny. We had a yummy thanksgiving dinner complete with pumpkin pie. It was a good preview. We sang 'Called to Serve'. There was a sweet spirit. It was a really great day. I didn't want it to end. All good things have to come to an end. We have had some great lessons with the Beaudoins this week. I really just love them with all my heart. Satan is working hard as always but they are so strong. Everyday they amaze more and more. It is a beautiful experience to see the gospel take hold on someone's life. Kenady got her first calling! They all have incredible testimonies that continue to grow everyday. The Lord truly does prepare each of us and He works miracles. We went to a baptism for the elders on Sunday. It was someone in the singles ward. I'm not going to lie, I felt super awkward. In my head I said, I am going to stay in the family ward for a good long time. I felt so out of place, granted I am a missionary still but it still felt weird. Anyway, life is good here in California. It is starting to get a little cold in the mornings and at night. I'm not complaining. Everyone tells me I need to wear a coat but I much like my dad. If I was out walking then I would wear one but I'm not going to carry it from house to house. I am going to enjoy this California weather while I can. We had dinner the other night with some sweet old ladies. There are 3 sisters that have never been married and they live together. They are a riot! I just love them. It was a very pleasant evening with lots of good food. Funny story! So we were at the Larsen's for dinner on Wednesday. They have 6 kids and it is always chaos. We were eating our dessert and Ryan who is four was just chillin. He decided that he was done. He still had some ice cream and cake on his plate. He went to get up but lost his balance. We were all watching him and he started to fall but he made sure to push the plate up on the table. The plate landed on the table and he landed on the floor. We all started laughing. His mom was grateful that she didn't have to clean up a mess since he had already dropped his first plate of cake. When we left he was still saying "save the ice cream!" It was the highlight of the day. Well I hope that you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving! The holiday season is here! I hope that we all take time to really thank our Heavenly Father for all of our countless blessings. We are truly so blessed to have the knowledge of the gospel and the peace of returning with our loved ones. I know with all my heart that this gospel is true. I know that Joseph Smith was the instrument in bringing the gospel back to the earth so that we could all enjoy the blessings of the priesthood and of eternal salvation. God lives. He loves us and is watching over us. I love each and everyone of you! You are always in my prayers! Have a wonderful week! Thank you for all of your love and support! I could never do it without all of you love and prayers! I will be forever grateful for my wonderful family and friends! There are not words enough to express that truest feelings of gratitude in my heart! It was not until I left on my mission that I truly realized how blessed I truly am.
Love Sister Mickelsen

No comments: