Monday, December 21, 2009

Week 70

December 8, 2009
Well another week has come and gone. It just keeps ticking! We are doing good here in Los Alamitos. I am still sick but now I have some medicine. The doctor says I have a sinus infection, hooray! Hopefully I will get better soon. Saturday we had a baptism and it was beautiful! Annie was baptized. She has been preparing since I got here in August. Her husband baptized her; he has had a long journey. The spirit was very special as always. It ran very smoothly which I was grateful for. I was worried that there would be a lot of chaos. It was the ward Christmas party that night and there was a primary activity. We needed the primary room and that was also the room they were using for Santa and it was going to be decorated. We got there and it was all good. The font was being filled and the chairs were all set up. She wanted it quiet, not too many people so there were almost more missionaries than members. It was funny. I love baptisms. I just love seeing the gospel change someone's life. The ward Christmas party was fun. We ate a good dinner and were sent home with a bunch of leftovers. We will be eating them for the entire week. We had fun doing service at We Care. They too sent us home with a bunch of food. They had gotten a lot of bakery items so they sent some with us because it would go bad too fast. Yeah for free food! I really enjoyed Sunday. It was a little emotional for me but all was well. I debated about sharing my testimony but the spirit helped me decide. I don't think I could have forgiven myself if I didn't bear witness publicly for the last time as a missionary in fast and testimony meeting. Just the thought brought tears to my eyes. It was very brief because I was going to cry hard if I said anything more. We were able to attend the Christmas Devotional. It was so good! I just loved it. Every time they pull up SLC I get a little sad but this time it was different. There was excitement to see home but a heart breaking feeling to realize how close it was. It just hurts inside to think of it ending. Monday brought rain and cold. Boy did it turn cold. Probably not cold like where all of you are but it was cold! My shoes have holes in them so my feet were soaked. I had to switch them when we came home for lunch. We helped Sister Fannin. She is such a sweet lady! I am going to miss her! We helped her take down wallpaper in her bathroom. It only took us an hour or so. Sister T said it was the missionary power that we have. I thought that was funny. I think it was listening to Doris Day Christmas. We helped at young womens this week. They played the amazing race: Virtue. It was a really cool activity. They would be able to pass off all of their personal progress for virtue except the project. This ward is doing a 24 activity the day I come home. They are going to read the Book of Mormon the entire time. They asked us to come and talk for a little. I am sad that I won't be there. I love the youth! We are having a Christmas party/lunch with the Sexton's today. I am super excited! It will be fun. Some of the other hermana's are going to be there. I don't remember all of the elders who are serving in the zones that are coming but I am sure that I will know some of them. I love being a missionary. I am soaking up every last ounce! I love all of you and hope that you have a wonderful week! Keep smiling and remember to give all that you can to those around you!
Love Sister Mickelsen

No comments: