Monday, December 21, 2009

Week 71

December 15, 2009

Hello Everyone!I hope that you are all doing well. It has been a pretty good week. It was colder than normal. I guess it is preparing me a little for the return, although I know that it will be much colder in Utah. It has warmed back up though. It was in the 70's today. I am trying to soak up all the sunshine that I can. Monday and Saturday it rained all day. Saturday it stopped when we came home for lunch. Of course we didn't have anything scheduled so we were walking and driving around trying to get find people to let us in but there weren't too many home. It was a rough day for me. I came home and shed some tears and read some pick me up letters. It was exactly what I needed. Sunday brought peace as well. It is so hard to leave. Some days are harder than others but I just keep going. Today has been a beautiful long day. We went to the mission home so that I could attend the temple with the Sexton's and the elders who are returning home with me. We went to the Newport Beach Temple! I was excited! I have been to both the LA and the Newport temple twice. It was perfect. It is so beautiful! They had a wonderful nativity scene displayed out in front. It was wonderful to be in the temple. I cried when I got to the celestial room. I had so many feelings and thoughts and it was a bit overwhelming. But I just prayed and felt the love of my Heavenly Father. When we left I was at complete peace. I know there is an unknown road ahead but I know that it will be ok. President took time to talk to each of us individually. He truly is a remarkable man. He told me that it wouldn't be long and I could come and visit them in Idaho. I told him that I would be up there a lot. He has had an amazing impact and influence on my life. I will never forget him or my mission. I thought about all of the people that we have taught and baptized and the wonderful families that I have met. My heart is full. I wouldn't trade this experience for anything. We had a bunch of activities that we went to this week. We attended activity days and helped them collect food. We also were with the Young Women and made gingerbread houses. I think that was my first time ever. We made the MTC. It was pretty awesome. We always make everything missionary. I guess it is good that we think about missionary work in all we do. I am so excited for the Beaudoin's! I can't believe that their baptism is almost here! I love them all so much! This area truly is amazing! I am humbled to finish my mission here. The members are amazing and they love us so much! We have been bombarded with food and gifts and love! It will be hard to leave all of them. I hope that you all have a wonderful week! I am sorry that this is so short! It has been a crazy busy day! We were able to spend some time with Sisters Lauchner and Vea. We went to the beach so that I could see it one more time. I am going to miss my dear friends that I have made here in California. The elders wish that they could stay one more week with me. I am grateful and excited for these last 2 weeks. I look forward to the miracles that await. God loves us and wants us to be happy! Until next week!
Love Hermana Mickelsen

No comments: