Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Week 69

December 1, 2009

I hope that you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! We had an enjoyable Thanksgiving. We went district meeting and then did our weekly planning. Afterwards we went to a member's home, the Tate's. I was a little nervous because I don't know them that well. We loved it though! We laughed and really enjoyed ourselves. We were talking about names or something and it reminded me of Sister Na'a and our visit to the ER. So I was telling them the story and I told them that she had an anxiety attack. They asked what had caused it. Side note, everyone at the Tate's including Sister Taulanga are all Utah fans. In response to the question Sister Taulanga said. "It was because she was too close to BYU". Everyone just started laughing. We laughed and laughed for a good ten minutes. I myself was laughing and had to admit that that was a pretty good one. It was a great memory. Good times! We didn't have any pie because the kids don't like pie but we did have the most amazing carrot cake that I have ever eaten. It was so good and moist! It usually isn't my favorite but this one was way good! Afterwards we went over the Pierson's. I love the Pierson's. They are from Canada and they made a minced nog pie. It was mix between a minced meat pie that had an egg nog custard on top. It was very different but it was good. We had some more laughs there. Sister Pierson had a ball that was attached to a string. She was sitting on the couch and decided to try and see if she could hit the wall with the ball. So she did and she hit her daughter right on the head. We all just laughed. She tried again and did the same thing. It was so funny. Sister Pierson was laughing so hard that she was crying. It reminded me of mom when she laughs hard. Good good times. I am excited to spend Christmas with them. Friday night we had a repeat of Thanksgiving dinner. It was good. I always love turkey and cranberry sauce. Saturday I woke up and wasn't feeling too well. I rested for a little and then woke up even more sick. I couldn't breathe. We stayed in until we had an appointment. I felt bad because my nose was just dripping. I didn't shake hands with anybody and just kept wiping my nose. I just felt miserable. Sunday was more of the same. My nose wasn't running but I felt disgusting. Several people told me to go home but I didn't. I wasn't going to skip out on church. Sister Hale brought over a whole bag of good things, some vitamin C, bananas, otter pops, crackers, soup and a box of Kleenex. It made feel better just knowing that someone cared. Jeff Beaudoin made me some homemade chicken soup. I didn't eat any that night because I couldn't taste and I didn't have an appetite but I enjoyed it the next day. It is great to have people that love us all around us. I am feeling much better today than I was then. I still don't feel 100% but I am definitely better than before. I want to be better so that I can finish strong. But I am trying to take it as easy as I can so that I don't get worse. We are having a baptism this weekend! I am super excited! Annie is going to be baptized by her husband. She is a sweetheart and has been coming to church for a long time. She is ready and excited! We are excited as well. We have been teaching some recent converts of Elder Anderson. They moved into our area a couple of months ago. They are so fun. We really love them and are grateful that we can teach them. Sister Fannin went out of town for the holiday. It is always so quiet without her here. We love her! She is so funny and takes good care of us. Oh I think I forgot to tell you! Last week Sister Taulanga's little sister got her mission call and is headed to Atlanta Georgia. She enters the MTC on jan 27th. They will have 3 missionaries out until June! Crazy! We had our interviews with President on Wednesday. I didn't want to be first but he always takes the sisters first and sister T didn't want to go first so I did. It was good to visit with him. He had us share our testimonies with him. He told me that I was going home by myself. The elders that are going home with me are going home a week before me. Someone had told me that they were going to send us home for Christmas but I didn't want to go home for christmas. No offense! I know that you will all be there when I come home and I only get to finish my mission once. I didn't want to end it a week early. President can't send me home for Christmas because it would be too early. The reason that the elders are going home before Christmas is because they entered the MTC before Christmas and so they are going home on their actual release date. That will be a little weird to be all alone but luckily it is a short flight. A guy came up to me on Sunday and started talking to me. Sister T was in the bathroom and I was waiting outside the door. Lucky for me Brandi was standing by the door warming in the sun. It is always freezing in the church. It is colder inside that it gets outside. Anyway, he asked me how I was and I told him that I was sick. He then stepped a little too close and said that he wanted me to get him sick. It was so AWKWARD! Brandi felt the awkwardness for me. I played it pretty coold but man it was not fun. Last week he gave me a bunch of candy and came to find me and ask a random question. That is why we are never alone. I am sure he means no harm but man it sure makes for some awkward moments. Well I hope that you all have a wonderful week this week! I can hardly believe that it is Decemeber again! The Christmas season is upon us. At church on Sunday we talked about things that we can do to bring Christ at the center of our homes for this CHRISTmas season. I hope that we all take time to ponder what we can do each day to make this season what it is about. To love a little more, to give a little more and to think of others more than ourselves. That is what Christ would do if he were here today. That is He what tries to help us do. That is why we have the spirit. To help us feel His love and have a desire to share it with others! I love all of you and look forward to writing again next week!
Love Sister Mickelsen

No comments: