Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Week 54

August 18, 2009

Sorry that last week was so short. I couldn't remember anything when I was writing. This week has been pretty good. We have been working hard. Sister Haycock was sick on Tuesday. Bless her heart. She is much better now. She got a good night sleep. She was determined to go out so we did but she only made it one house before I brought her home. There is nothing worse than being sick as a missionary. Wednesday we had dinner with Tony and his girls. I just love that family. Tony made us lasagna. It was 3rd time we had lasagna in one week. Luckily I love lasagna. I would rather have too much of something I love instead of something I can't stomach. Thankfully that has happened to me yet on the mission. Knock on wood. On Thursday we had a great district meeting. We talked about the key indicators and how we can be better at meeting our goals. I have really tried to master this the last little bit. I hope to continue to get better. It is more than just writing numbers. We had an interesting appointment. It stressed me out and I didn't like it at all. I felt like I was being told what I believe and I couldn't a word in to testify. She wants to continue to learn and has a bunch of questions but wants to talk deep stuff. I tried to blunty but lovingly tell her that we needed to stick to the basics and that she needed to let us teach. It is frustrating. We will see what happens. This one definitely takes patience. We had a good lesson with Lenny and Summer. They were out of town last week so it seems like forever since we have seen them. I think that Lenny is being polite. I don't think he is ready. We don't have anything else to teach him. He isn't keeping commitments so there isn't much that we can do. Agency is a toughy. Friday was an amazing day! It was after our district meeting and I was all fired up from our planning session. We decided to set our goals one number higher and exercise more faith. We haven't changed our goals in a long time because we haven't been meeting them. We are both excited about this week. On Friday we set our goals high for teaching because we had some ground to make up. So we set specific goals that we wanted to meet in 3 blocks of time. We prayed and then went to work. We found a new family to teach! We were so excited! They were young boys, 12 and 10. We are going to teach them with their other brother and their parents on Wednesday. I have a really good feeling about it. We found Kristine again as well. She wasn't there at the beginning but then we knocked for a while and she was home. We haven't talked to her in almost a month. We committed her to be baptized and then never talked to her again. She isn't ready right now but she is reading the Book of Mormon. She is going through a lot and she said she will call when she is ready. We told her we would continue to stop by and check on her. We had made a goal for a member lesson but didn't have any plans for one. Well because we were being diligent and praying we were fortunate to have a lesson with a member. We had gone to a members home to use the restroom and in the meantime found out that Eva wasn't at the hospital as scheduled. Sister Johnson came with us. The rest of the night was successful as well. We ate with the Rowe's. They are the best ever! I just love them! The day was so great! I was really dreading it because we had a lot of knocking to do but the time went by quickly and we were successful. I love being a missionary! I love all of you and hope you have a great week!Love Sister Mickelsen

No comments: