Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Week 55

August 25, 2009

Well the biggest news of the week is that I am being transferred! I am so sad to leave Fountain Valley and my dear Sister Haycock. We had a short eight weeks together but I guess Heavenly Father thinks it is sufficient. Sister Haycock will be training this transfer. She is very nervous but I told her just be obedient and God will do the rest. I am going back to the Long Beach area and will be in the Los Alamitos ward. I will be in the same stake as the mission home. I am excited. It is always bitter sweet to leave an area. I know that this is where I am needed. Sister Hart went home this morning making me the oldest sister missionary. As I was driving to the airport I realized that the next time I go to the airport it will be for me. That was really weird. President told us some exciting news! He told us that we have 7 sisters coming! 2 in October, 2 in November and 3 in December! We will double in size by the end of the year! We are so excited! The drought has ended. We will all be busy training and opening new areas. Never a dull moment. This week has been pretty good. Sister Haycock and I have been busy. We received a call from the assistants on Wednesday so we knew all week that I would be leaving. It made all of our appointments bitter sweet. I am sad to leave but I will be coming back to visit. It is amazing how much love you can have for people in such a short time. We went to a training meeting on Friday morning. President had me come in so that Sister Haycock wouldn't be alone. It was weird to sit there and listen to her be trained on how to train. I was just praying that she wasn't checking off the things that I didn't do well. She told me that she wasn't but it was a weird realization. I was able to see Elder Anderson and Elder Salmon. Elder Salmon was my first district leader and he flew home today. When I first got here I didn't think he would ever go home. It was a long ways a way. We had a great lesson with Eva on Sunday. We went over to the Johnson's and had Sunday dinner with them. It was so fun! We had some great food and the spirit was so great. We sang primary songs and watched the restoration. I love the Johnson family. I am so sad to leave them. Bishop Johnson is pretty excited that my replacement is a Highland Ram. I really have been touched as I have said goodbye for now to these families. I really have been blessed. I have some wonderful friends here and memories that will never be forgotten. The gospel is amazing! I love it with all my heart. I was reading a talk today by President Uchtdorf and he talked about how the more we understand the gospel and the more we live it the happier we will be. I can testify that this has been one of the happiest years of my life. I know it is because I have been living the gospel the fullest that I ever have. I love you all and will talk to you next week! Love Sister Mickelsen

No comments: