Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Week 66

November 10, 2009

Hello! Well another week has come and gone. It has been a pretty good week with adventures as always. Wednesday we were told to go and get swine flu shots and then told not to go and then told again to go. So in short we got swine flu shots. I got the "mist" which was pretty disgusting. I felt all congested and nasty in my sinuses for the remainder of the day. The good part about was that we saw Sisters Lauchner and Vea! It was so fun to see them. They were coming to stand in line just as we were walking out. We talked with them and gave big hugs. The elders told Sister Lauchner she was too loud. We just laughed. It was pretty funny. Sister Taulanga was super excited to see Sister Vea. She went to East High School and played basketball. It looks like the Salt Lake City School district is invading the Long Beach California Mission. Sister T was grateful to hear how long Sister Vea has. It made her mission not seem so long. While we were standing in line there was a lady that got super mad behind us. She was yelling at this poor girl who was just trying to do her job. She was swearing and telling her that she had no right to be treated that way. All I could think was that she sounded ridiculous and that the other girl didn't deserve to be yelled at either. I didn't dare say anything but I just felt bad. It is so sad how mean we can be to each other. We need more love in this world. Wednesday night Sister T woke up with an enormous headache. I heard her get up and use the bathroom and looked at the clock. It was 4, so I just closed my eyes and went back to sleep. Not too much later she turned on the light. I immediately went to my knees to say my morning prayers and then felt too tired so I looked at the clock again and it was 430. So I tried to help Sister T but there wasn't much I could do. I felt bad. I just tried to comfort her the best I could. I mostly prayed. At 630 I called president and he told me to let her rest. She didn't have a temperature or anything so he just said to play it by ear. We talked to the doctor and he was worried it was more than a migraine so he told us to stay in for the day. That is always the worst news. It was a long day. We missed district meeting which was way weird. The rest of the week felt off. She is all well now. Whatever it was it didn't last long. She may have just had a reaction to the shot. Saturday night we had a lesson with Brandi. It was good to just sit one on one with her and talk about her needs and what we can do as missionaries to help her prepare for her baptism. She is great person. I just love her and her family with all my heart. She is making great progress. I love seeing the gospel change peoples lives. There is nothing more rewarding. I played the piano in church on Sunday. I was shaking so bad. I have no idea why I was so nervous but I was! My leg was shaking and it was throwing off everything. Luckily I hid it pretty well and I was able to fake it. Everyone loved it. I was grateful I didn't mess up to horriblely. I think part of it was because the spirit was strong. The speaker right before me was a recently returned missionary. She came home Thursday from Leeds England. She basically taught the first lesson. She also talked a lot about Jesus Christ. I felt like the song that I played echoed her testimony as I played mine. It was an instense experience. Kelly is supposed to do the musical number next week. She was going to play the flute while I played the piano. She discovered that she was so sharp at her flute skills anymore. She hadn't played it in like 4 years. So yesterday we decided that we are going to sing a duet. I haven't sang in church for awhile either. It will be fun. The Los Alamitos ward is going to get sick of seeing my face:), j/k. We had a lesson with a less active family on Sunday. I was super nervous about it because of the situation. I won't go into the details of the situation but it definitely made me want to stay active in the church when I return from my mission. I was worried about how it would go but it went very well. The spirit was very strong and I got all emotional. Especially as I bore testimony of the restoration. It is a powerful message. I know I have taught it over and over and over again. It never loses the power because of its truthfulness. I am so grateful for the restoration of the gospel. For the power of the Priesthood, and the knowledge that we have that we can talk with our Heavenly Father. It breaks my heart to see and hear that people don't believe in God. They just don't understand. He truly does live and His Son lives. Because of Them we are here and because of Them we can be together forever. Nothing else matters. I pray that you all can feel the love of your Heavenly Father. If you don't pray and listen and you will feel it. It is truly remarkable to know that we are not alone in a failing world. I love each and everyone of you with all my heart! You are always in my prayers. Thank you for all of your love, support and prayers. I would have never been able to be where I am today without it. It is just another witness that this gospel is true. Have a wonderful week!
Love Sister Mickelsen

No comments: