Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Week 64

October 27, 2009

I hope that you are all doing well. It has been a pretty good week here in the Long Beach Mission. We have had some challenges but those are expected. One of our investigators left us a message telling us that she didn't think the church was the right fit for her. It always breaks my heart to see people turn the gospel away. They don't understand. It hurt but I know that I did all that I could. I can't make the decision for her. I shared my testimony and I followed the spirit in teaching her and that is all I can do. She doesn't have any hard feelings which is good. I hope that one day she will accept the gospel. We all have our agency. We went to the Halloween party on Saturday. I can hardly believe that it is Halloween on Saturday. Where has October gone? There were so many cute little kids in costume. They had a booth set up for us to hand out pamphlets and such. All of the other booths had games. The kids would come by and see that we had nothing and turn around and leave. It was pretty funny. Sometimes they would stand at a distance to see if there was anything and pretend like we didn't notice that they were looking. We took pictures with a bunch of people which was fun. The Beaudoin's came and they even all dressed up. Brandi was my favorite. We took some great pictures. I couldn't help but laugh. When we took one of the pictures we were trying hard to look tough and not laugh but we both just started laughing. It makes me laugh just writing about it. Mikey and Maddie came all dressed up as well. It was the first time that anyone in the ward met them. They are so funny. Mikey was a red power ranger and Maddie was a kitty. They loved it. They are good kids. When we were at Kelly's last night she wanted me to say the prayer and at the end she said, "Please bless that Sister Mickelsen and Sister T won't get transferred." It was funny. Transfers are still a little ways away but she wants to put her petition in now. I hope that I can stay. I don't think my heart can take another move, but of course Heavenly Father will help me if that is what needs to be done. We started teaching little Ronni. She is so funny. She gave a talk in primary on Sunday. She volunteered herself to give a talk. She thought it would be in Sacrament. She was disappointed that not everyone would get to hear it. It was cute. I didn't get to hear it at church but she did it for me after church. Sister T and I taught the Gospel Essentials class on Sunday. I was so nervous. I'm not quite sure why because I teach everyday in much crazier situations. The topic was the atonement. Sister T said that she rushed through her part because she didn't want to get emotional. I was proud that I didn't lose control myself. The atonement means so much to me. The more you study it and apply it in your life the more real it becomes. You begin to realize just how much love your Savior and Heavenly Father have for you personally. I love this gospel and know that it is true with all my heart. My heart has never been happier. Today we are carving pumpkins with the elders. It should be fun. I don't know the last time that I carved a pumpkin. I am trying to think about what else has happened this week. It all seems like a blur. One long day. We did deep cleaning this week. We do it every 6 months. I love living with members though because it's not as intense. You only have your bathroom and your bedroom to clean as opposed to an entire apartment. And it doesn't take much because you clean those every week anyway. The weather has been beautiful here. I will be sad to leave sunny California. I will enjoy it while I can. I am so grateful for this opportunity to serve. I have learned so much and continue to learn everyday. My testimony grows stronger as I study every morning. I know that my Heavenly Father hears and answers prayers. It is a blessing to have that knowledge. I hope that all of you are doing well. I love all of you and pray for you always. Have a great week!
Love Sister Mickelsen

No comments: