Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Week 65

November 3, 2009

Hello everyone! I hope this letter finds everyone doing well! I am doing good! I just love being here! Sorry if this is short my time is short today. I will try to tell you as much as I can. Wednesday we took a little trip to Compton. That was a little scary for me. We were going to a college to receive a swine flu shot. We had to go to a certain place because it was free. So we drove out there and the address was wrong. I pulled over and called the zone leaders. They said they were almost there. Sister T said that we should get out and walk and I said no I am not walking out here. It was a little shady over there. We decided to just drive up the street a little ways and we found the school. We pulled in and it was the right place. We got out of the car and started walking and following the signs. Then I couldn't see them anymore. I felt so out of place. It was a really weird feeling. We asked a nurse and we were headed in the right direction. Elder Anderson called and asked if we had seen the line. I told him we hadn't made it that far. He told us that it was a 3 hour wait! Holy cow! So president told us that we could wait if we wanted but that it would be happening again another day soon. I didn't want to stay there so we left. On our drive home we went through Long Beach. It was a little weird to be driving through the area I was a year ago. Sister T wants to serve there so bad. She was so funny. She was snapping pictures right and left. She was like a little kid at Disneyland. It was so so funny. She was excited to get out and explore a part of the mission that she hadn't seen. I so wanted to pull over and say hi to all my friends in long beach but I couldn't. We had some good experiences this week. We found 2 new investigators. One of them we found the same day that he was referred to us and he was surprised that we showed up the same day. We committed him to be baptized. We were supposed to go back to him today but he called this morning and said that he couldn't. We are making great progress with the Beaudoin's. I just love this family so much. We ate dinner with them yesterday and it was so good! We had some fresh salmon. MMMM.... Well I am doing good. I am tired but I only feel it when I stop. We had a great experience with a member this week as well. We took her with us but the people weren't home. We ended up visiting with her and left her with a thought. I think she needed the visit. It wasn't what we had planned but it was the reason she was in our plans. I hope that you all have a great week! I love you all so much! The church is true! Until next week!
Love Hermana Mickelsen

No comments: