Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Week 46

June 23, 2009
Hello family! I hope you all had a wonderful Father's day! Mine was pretty great. I thought of all of you and the blessing you all are. I am so richly blessed! Well it has been a crazy adventure here in Fountain Valley. Sister Fifita returned home on Wednesday. President called me right before lights out to tell me he had someone to come and be my companion. I dropped Sister Fifita off at the office and then rode with President and the Assistants to a different church building to pick up my new companion. Her name is Sister Gallik. She recently returned from her mission in McAllen Texas. She is the cousin to Sister Fifita and was companions with the other Sister Colwell. It was meant to be. We get along great and she is so good. She is teaching me so much. She is helping me to be a better missionary. Not many people get to have a returned missionary for a companion. It is one of the greatest blessings of my mission. This last week has also been pretty busy preparing for our baptisms. Edgardo and Jorge are going to be baptized tonight! We are so excited! Two of the priests in the ward are going to baptize them. All of the assignments were given to the Young Men. This will be a great experience for everyone. Edgardo and Jorge are so good. They are progressing well. It is so great to see the spirit change people’s lives! They are excited to be baptized. Their mom and the Aunt that referred them will be there. We are hoping that the spirit will touch the mother's heart and spark a desire to learn. This is a great experience for the ward and we are just so thrilled! It has been a while since they have had a baptism in the 1st ward. President told me that they will probably split up the wards next transfer. He asked me where I would want to go and I told him that I couldn't pick. I love all of the wards and I would be sad to leave any of them. We will see what happens. I can never predict it. I just go where I am called and know that all is in the Lord's hands. It's a good thing that we don't decide where we go. He knows best. I hope that you all enjoy this week! Today marks 11 months and I can hardly believe it! Where has the time gone? This has been the best decision I have ever made in my life. I will be forever grateful for this experience. I hope these next few months slow down a little. I am going to just love every minute of my mission. I love you all!
Love Hermana Mickelsen

No comments: