Monday, June 1, 2009

Week 39

May 5, 20009
Hello Everyone!I am doing well. It has been a great week despite the reappearance of tendonitis. I just go and do as I can and try to rest up the rest of the time. I was hoping I was out of the water but not so. Heavenly Father as more to teach me I guess. We had a wonderful Zone Conference. President has asked a lot of us but we have already seen the blessings of his vision for this mission. He has asked that we commit people to baptism in our first lesson. He wants us to be bold and knows that if we have the faith the miracles will happen. We had 124 dates set this last week within the mission. That is the highest it has been. If we faithfully do this we will weed through the investigators that just aren't ready and find those who are ready. The spirit was amazing and you could really feel that it was inspired. He told us that they Zone Conference all planned and then the weekend before President felt he needed to change it. It will be hard for me to do because it is going to take some major stretching but I have faith and the desire to do what is asked. On Friday night we had a wonderful lesson with Tony. We met with him in the Kendrick home. I met his daughter Natasha. We went in with a prayer and knowing that we were going to commit him to be baptized. Before we started the lesson he was asking us about baptism and what happens, what you have to wear. I was like are you kidding? No one does that. So anyway we taught him so much. He kept asking all of these questions and it was a great discussion. We finally got to the lesson we had prepared and at the end I commited him to be baptized. It was the first time I had ever done it and I was so nervous. It was so dang hot in that house and I just was so nervous. He said Yes I will! and we were all relieved. We of course knew that he was ready but we weren't sure if he knew himself that he was ready. So Tony is being baptized this Saturday and will be confirmed on Sunday. We are so excited. The sisters are also having a baptism this weekend of someone that Sister Hart and I met the day before I got transferred. This sweet man just had tears streaming down is face. Sister Hart said that he went to church on Sunday and then when they went to visit him Monday he had shaved his bushy beard. He is progressing well and seeing the love of his heavenly Father in his life. It is a wonderful experience to see the gospel bring light into someone's life. There are no words to describe it. The gospel just blesses us in every aspect of our lives. The gospel is true. I love being a missionary and having the sacred calling of preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ. He truly lives and knows each and everyone of us. If we take the time to put him first in our lives everything else falls into place. I have seen it happen. I know it to be true. I love all of you and hope that your week is full of greatness and success! Until next time...HAPPY MOTHERS DAY to all of the wonderful mothers in my family.
Love Hermana Mickelsen

No comments: