Monday, June 1, 2009

Week 42

May 26, 2009

I hope you are all doing well! I am doing well as always. It has been a good week. The most exciting news is a little bit scary. Well for me but it was coming sooner or later. We sisters went to the mission home this morning so that Sister Brinegar could go the the temple with the departing missionaries. We got there super early because we were afraid of traffic so we parked up the street and were just chatting. Well wouldn't you know that President walked out and moved the van and saw us. He rolled down his window and told us that to come inside. So we were caught and we did. It ended up being perfect because he wanted to talk to all of us. He told us that we are a big topic of conversation. He isn't sure what it going to happen with us this Tuesday. We had one sister scheduled to come in and take Sister Brinegar's place and then 4 scheduled to come in July. Those 4 entered the MTC on the 13th and one of them minored in spanish and was moved to the advanced class and will be coming to the field on June 2nd as well. It creates a problem because we will have an odd number and neither place can have 3 sisters. There just isn't room. He had us put on priority for a visa delay sister but we won't know until Monday if one is coming. He has arrangements for us to go to an area where there are Elders now but he wouldn't tell us. So all 3 of us may train this transfer and next transfer. It will probably be Sister Hart and I training if we don't get a third because we drive. I don't know that I am ready to have a new sister but ready or not here it comes! I am so excited but so scared at the same time. I will be on my knees a lot more than I already am. I don't know if I will get transferred and train or if I will stay in the same area and train. It is always up in the air. The scenario you think will happen never happens. Another couple of crazy transfers! I think that transfer calls will be pointless because it will most likely change on Monday. I guess we will see what happens. I will be going to a training meeting on Friday which means time at the mission home and with Sisters Hart and Choi. I am excited about that! I love being with other sisters and with President. We had a great lesson with Tony and his girls the other night. Tony is so great and so humble. He is so willing to help and learn and just wants the best for his girls. We taught them a first lesson and at the end I committed them to be baptized but they don't have a date. It didn't feel right. They did say that they would be baptized in the future but not yet. I honestly don't think that will take that long especially if it keeps going like it is. They come to church and they ask great questions and they are just so good. They have great fellowship already. We will just let the spirit do its work. It is so great to see the blessings of the gospel and how it touches the lives of those who listen. We had a great lesson with Brother Burrows. We always teach at Brother Andreason's house. When we were there Tuesday night he took us outside and showed us his orchid greenhouse. It was amazing! There were hundreds of them. They weren't blooming but some were close. I never knew that it took 7-8 years for one to bloom. He makes crosses and creates his own orchids. It was so cool! That is one of his hobbies. It reminded me of you dad and your love for plants and nature. My companions are always impressed that I know so much about flowers and bugs. They start asking me a bunch of questions that I can't answer. I am a little rusty. I have been thinking about other things I guess. Yesterday was an interesting day. I am not a huge fan of holidays as a missionary but I do my best. The 3rd ward had a triathalon. We went after studies to mingle and get free food. They wanted us there the whole time but we told them that wouldn't fly with President. He wanted us to invite him but we told him that if we did then we wouldn't be able to go. So we went for our lunch and did the best we could. We talked with some non members but nothing solid. It was a good little activity. Every one we tried to visit was busy with family or not home. So we ended up walking around a lot. Well my time is short but I hope that you all know how much I love you! I hope you have a wonderful week and I will let you know who my new companion is and where I will be! I love you!
Love Hermana Mickelsen

No comments: