Monday, April 13, 2009

Week 35

April 7, 2009
Hello Everyone! What a wonderful week it has been! We are so blessed! We visited a lot of people this week which is always a blessing. I am so grateful for the opportunity to visit and meet such wonderful people! Noma is such a sweetheart. She is so funny! She reminds me a lot of my sweet grandmas. They always can bring a smile to my face. We had a great lesson about the plan of salvation. She was at Sister Wiseman's on Sunday and watched part of conference with her there. We had a great lesson there as well. We sang my favorite primary song "I Love to See the Temple". We didn't have the chance to meet with Alyse this week. I was sad but she will come. I am not worried. Things come up in life. Gretchen and Monica are hoping to bring home their last 2 kids. They were taken away from Monica 3 years ago and have been fighting for them ever since. Monica has changed so much and is now ready to be responsible. If all goes well they will be home before Easter. We had dinner with Dorthy this last week. Her boyfriend told her that he wants to be baptized when they get married in June. It will be great to teach him. Miracles are happening everyday as we continue work in faith. We also had a lesson with Brooklynn. She is a hit and miss. We have been trying to teach them for the last few weeks and they always cancel. We were finally able to teach them and it went really well. One of the highlights of the week was General Conference. I truly loved every minute of it! I learned a lot! I loved Elder Holland's talk about the Savior. It was so amazing that I was completely focused on him and nothing else. I couldn't even take notes. Something that I didn't realize before was that Christ died spiritually so that he could know exactly what it feels like for us. And also President Eyring mentioned that he came in the flesh so that he could know how it truly felt. He had the power to experience it through revelation but he didn't. I loved these talks because they helped me realize how personal the atonement truly is. I read alma 7:11-13 in a whole light. I loved the words of President Monson, "Your future is as bright as your faith." All that is going on in the world will be overcome through our faith. We don't need to worry about what is going on around us if we are firm in our faith. We have a bright and promising future if we are but faithful. I loved the focus on the temple. I loved how they taught that the focus of missionary work isn't baptism but the temple. That is our ultimate goal. If everyone could enter in the sacred walls of the temple the world would truly be a better place. All of the talk of the temple made me excited to go to the temple. I went to the Newport Beach Temple today. It was so beautiful! I loved every second of it! I am so blessed to be able to go even if it every 6 months. When I go home it will be much more frequent. I know that we receive power and strength from the covenants of the temple. It is our one true source of peace and rest from this world. I love this gospel and I love this work. My testimony grows everyday. I know that I am only able to do this work this His help. I'm pretty sure I would have given up a long time ago if I was flying solo. I know that he is helping because of the things that I am doing. Yesterday we were at the Bautista's teaching a lesson. I let Sister Hart go first and let her say what she can and what she wants and then she turns to me. If I say a prayer before and I open my mouth, the words come. I don't stumble and I don't think and we all understand. The Lord knows and I know that this is important. If I do my part and I am humble He takes up the rest. I truly don't have to worry about what to say because He will fill my mouth. I have seen it and I know that it is true. I am truly blessed. I love this opportunity and this experience. I am learning and growing everyday. Somedays are harder than others but every one of them is vitally important. May we all think of our Savior this week and His atonement for us. He is there to take us by the hand and walk where He has already walked for us. I promise and know that it is easier with Him by our side. I pray for all you everyday and I am so grateful for eternal families and the temple. Go to the temple and feel of His love and peace. He is the way. Have a wonderful week! I love you!Love Sister Mickelsen

No comments: