Monday, April 13, 2009

Week 32

March 17, 2009
Hello my dear family!I hope all is well where ever you may be. You are in my prayers always. This week has been a different experience. My new companion Sister Hart is amazing. We have a great time together and I love listening to her testimony. As I watched her with families that she has never met before I was impressed to hear her say words that fitted exactly to what they needed. She had no idea of their situations but the spirit did and guided her to touch their hearts. It is an amazing experience to teach by the spirit. We don't ever have to do anything alone. If we have a prayer in our hearts we can have the spirit guide our words. Sister Hart is returning to this area after 8 months. She is familiar with the area but she hasn't met anyone that we are teaching. I am the one that does more of the planning because I know the regulars and the times that work for people. It has been a transition for me and will continue to be a transition. I am on my knees for a long time every night pleading for the help of my Savior and Father in Heaven. I can't just sit back and let Sister Hoover or Sister colwell tell me what we are doing. It is so weird. This week has been very fulfulling though. We were very successful and I was relieved that my planning didn't fail us. The biggest miracle of the week is my spanish. I have been super nervous about Sister hoover leaving because that would mean that I have to understand by myself. Sister Hart has never taught in spanish so she is green in her spanish. It was a weird feeling to be the one translating and understanding. I still don't understand everything but I understand a lot more than I did. When we were at the Bautista's this week they drilled her with questions and I was the one that made sure she understood. It was amazing to me how it just flowed. Everyday I thank my Heavenly Father for His help and pray for the continuing help that I am going to need. The Lord truly qualifies us in our weakness if we are humble and faithful. Melissa was confirmed on Sunday and it was a beautiful confirmation. I literally had chills through my entire body. I am so grateful for the gift of the Holy Ghost. It is what guides me to the work and comforts me when I think it is too much to bear. He testifies always of the truthfulness of the gospel. I am so grateful for this opportunity to see the gospel touch the lives of this wonderful people! My love for my Savior and my brothers and sisters in the gospel as grown tremendously. It is only through the gospel that we can truly emulate Christ and his love for each and every one of us. I testify that the gospel is true and the Jesus Christ lives. I know that with all my heart. I have seen a change in myself as I have truly strived to live the gospel in its fulness. I know that it can be the same blessing to each of you as you strive to be the best you can. We can all reach our potential through the help of our Savior. I love you all and hope you have an amazing week! I look forward to all of your letters. I can feel your prayers and love. Thanks for being so great!

No comments: