Monday, April 13, 2009

Week 33

March 24, 2009
Well another week has come and gone. Sister Hart cut my hair for me and I just love it. I needed a little change. Don't worry it isn't drastic just better. Wednesday we had a marvelous zone conference! It was so wonderful to be instructed and edified. I was asked to play the piano which was a wonderful treat. I didn't do a musical number but I just love playing the piano. We got to see Sisters Brinegar and Choi. They are so cute. I just love being with other missionaries. We talked about being sanctified and we can become sanctified. It was a really great meeting. We also sat in a circle and he taught us the restoration and then we just talked about the principles. It was a great feeling to just sit in a circle and talk like we were all family. I just love being a missionary! Sister Sexton talked to us as well. She wants to make sure that we are being taken care of especially since we are so small in numbers. President showed us the transfer board which was pretty neat. It is so organized and it was fun to see where everyone was. He also pulled out some books that he is keeping for the missionaries that serve in this mission. At the end of our missions we write down goals and a spiritual experience. He puts those papers with our picture and all of the areas we have served and at what times and who we were companions with in a big book. It made me feel special. He also has a sheet for each one of us with our contact information and the years listed until he is 95 so he can contact us every year. There is also space for our spouse and children and our anniversary. He truly loves each and every one of us. He also talked to us about expecting a miracle everyday of our missions. If we have faith and work hard there truly are miracles all around us. Yesterday we were visiting a family and we got a phone call from the mission office. Sister Rose called with a referral that had called one of the elders and wanted a visit at 4 o'clock that day. Sister Rose asked if we could make it and we had an opening at 4. We went over to the house and there was a young girl in her late teens, early twenties. She came outside before we even knocked on the door and invited us in. She told us that her boyfriend was a member but wasn't active. She told us that she had been to a bunch of churches but nothing felt right. Her boyfriend told her about us and she called. We taught her a great first lesson. The spirit was so strong that I just wanted to cry. She asked if there was a church nearby. We told her where we held our meetings. We were a little concerned with the Law of Chastity because she is living with her boyfriend. At the end of the lesson she told us that she had told her boss that she couldn't work on Sundays anymore and that she had told her boyfriend that if she needed to move out that she would. She wasn't going to wait for him because she knows she needs God in her life. We were overwhelmed and we are so excited for this young girl. Her name is Elise. We are going back to teach her tonight. I am continually amazed at how the Lord is blessing the lives of His children. This truly is His work and if we do our part He will lead us to those He has prepared. We left and said a prayer of gratitude for this reamarkable experience. We also had FHE with the Bautista's. I was again humbled by my spanish. I know it wasn't me talking. It just flowed and if I stopped to think to hard I would stumble. Have faith and do not fear. I love this gospel and I love this opportunity that I have to teach and testify of our Savior Jesus Christ. He truly lives and loves us. I hope you all have a wonderful week. I love each and every one of you so much and pray for you always. Love Hermana Mickelsen

No comments: