Tuesday, December 9, 2008

week 18

Hello family! I hope that Thanksgiving was so great for all of you! Thanksgiving here was good. It didn't really feel like a holiday because I wasn't with the family but I was with my mission family. We started the day with district meeting and we both got letters that had been sent to the office which was good. We went to the Sorenson's and they gave us pumpkin pie. We then went to President Sexton's house and a great meal! There were 24 people there. 20 missionaries and 4 of the 6 Sexton children. Their other 2 sons are on missions. It was so great! One elder had at least 2 plates piled high. I was impressed. Sister Sexton made 14 pies! It truly was a great meal and we felt priveleged to be there. We were the only sisters there. He called all of the hermanas first to make sure they had an appointment and we were the only ones without an appointment. The spirit was great and it felt like home. President told me that the Wallbergers(sp.?) from Rexburg had come to visit them and told him that they knew the Munns who of course know me!:). Small world. We had 4 appointments after the Sexton's and I just nibbled cause I was so full. Luckily we only had one other family feed us a big meal and I could only eat a little. I had to eat to not be rude but I couldn't eat much. It was a great day! Wednesday we had some heavy rain. It flooded the streets! It was insane! I will send some pictures! We were lucky we didn't stuck in the middle of the intersection. There were 2 little cars that had to get towed out. I have never seen rain like that before. The water was up above the curbs and flowing like a river. They don't have a good drainage system here so the water has no where to go. It had rained all night Tuesday and then there was huge drops for about an hour Wednesday and then it cleared up and everything dried up. It was so fun. Sister Colwell was excited because she loves to drive through puddles and make a big spalsh. Friday we went and visited Gary to take him a plate of leftovers from Thanksgiving that we promised him. There are some dogs across the way that are always barking at us and never stop. Usually I will tell them to be quiet and it doesn't help. This time I decided to try spanish. I told them Calmete pues! They were completely silent. Who would have known that the dogs spoke spanish. It was so funny. Saturday we had a great lesson with Javier Perez. He was completely focused. Their phone was ringing like crazy but he said no this is the time for God. It was so great. He told us he was going to come to church but apparently they slept in. We went over there yesterday but they had an emergency so we couldn't teach as we had planned. Saturday we met an ornery man. Most people are nice but this man was so rude. It makes me sad when people are so angry. One day he will thank us for caring. On Sunday we taught a man and his friend that we had met on the street a couple of weeks ago. We had to meet them on the corner and ended up teaching them in a Starbucks. It was a little weird but the lesson was really good. He took notes and is really excited to meet with us again. It was great! Yesterday was a great day too. We had appointments fall through but we had some other great things. We did service at Gary's. We were sanding his garage and taking off the paint so we could paint it again. It was lots of fun. I was sweating cause I was working hard. Who would have thought I would be doing service outside on december 1st. I got a cut on my thumb from the putty knife but all is well. Sister Colwell was administering first aide and I started singing "Doctor Doctor can you fix me up". Do you remember that song from Goofy movie? It was so great. Sister Colwell wanted to make sure she remembered it correctly before she stared to sing the rest of it. She didn't want to look stupid. It has been a great week. Next week we find out if we get transferred. I can hardly believe how quickly the time is passing. I hope you all have a great week this week. Know that I am praying for you and you are never far from my thoughts and heart. You are the best family anyone could ask for. Thanks for all of your love and support!

No comments: