Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas from Huntington Beach!

Hello everyone! Well I can hardly believe that Christmas is here! It was 3 weeks away when I got transferred and now it is in 2 days! Crazy! This week has been pretty good. We had some great lessons! We taught the Bautista family on Friday night. The Spirit was so strong. After we finished Osvaldo said he was going to time how long I took teaching the lesson in Spanish the next time. I guess my Spanish is getting better even if I don't realize it. Some days it’s great and other days I get so frustrated. I feel like I can't understand it at all and it's just hard. I was talking with Sister Hoover about it and she said it just takes time. I know that it will all click one day but being in between is very hard for me. I am amazed that I can communicate and have a conversation in Spanish but I don't feel like I can express myself the way I want to in Spanish. I just have to be patient and have faith in myself and keep trying and it will come. We had a wonderful zone conference on Thursday. I love zone conference! We had a combined conference and took a mission picture, well half of us. They took the other half on Friday. We heard the testimonies of several elders that are leaving. The spirit was very strong. President talked about several things that were so great. He talked about becoming The Missionary and not just a missionary. He also talked making our relationship with our Savior as friends and not as strangers. He talked about 4 different levels. 1) Stranger, 2) servant, 3) son/daughter and 4) friend. It made me think a lot about my relationship with him. It is definitely a lot stronger than before I came on my mission but there is always room for improvement. We also received a panoramic picture of our mission. Sister Sexton took pictures from Signal Hill and it is beautiful. I am super excited to put it together and frame it when I get home. I also received my family Christmas memory letter. I just cried. Not because I am sad to be here but because of the love and support that I feel. This truly is the most amazing time to be on a mission. I would love to be with family but there is no where else I would rather be instead. The gospel is true. Jesus Christ truly lives and died for us. There is nothing more important than him and his love for us. I was reading in Ether 12 today and it talked about the gift of the Son and that because God gave us this gift, a more excellent way is prepared for us to gain eternal life. The only we can receive this gift is through faith in is Son. Faith that he truly came and suffered for us. Faith that he loves us and will lift us up at the last day. It truly is amazing. I know that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is real and true. I know that God lives and loves each and every one his children. I know that He knows us better than we know ourselves. I cannot express the love I have for my Savior and my Heavenly Father. I hope that you all have a wonderful Christmas this week and remember the reason we celebrate Christmas. Sidenote: Christmas can be broken down to Christ- and mas which in spanish means more. That is what this world needs is more Christ. That is the best gift you can give this year. I challenge all of you to bear testimony of him and share his light which is in you with the world. You won't regret it. I love you! Clarissa Jane congratulations on your beautiful girl! Happy Birthday Charlie! Love ya!



* Our cousin Clarissa and her husband welcome Emalyn to the world on Dec 21.
*Charlie is now 25 years of age.

No comments: