Monday, August 17, 2009

Week 52

August 4, 2009

Hello! Well it has been a marvelous week! We have been teaching a lot! We had several lessons with Natalie to prepare her for her baptism. She is absolutely amazing! She told us Saturday that her family was supportive but even if they weren't she would have been baptized. She said that when she knows that something is that true she would do anything. She is going to be a great addition to the church. She has amazing faith and has had remarkable experiences that have been preparing her for her baptism. She was baptized by Barry on Saturday. IT was so wonderful! I was a little worried because she was late. She called us and told us that she was on her way. Four o'clock came and she still wasn't there. The baptism was scheduled for 4. Turns out that she was so excited that she didn't pay attention as she was driving and drove right past the church and didn't realize it for awhile. It was pretty funny. I was just grateful that Satan didn't win. We had some trouble with her interview too. She got stuck in LA but it all worked out. I love going to baptisms because the spirit is so strong. It helps me remember the joy of being a member and the sweetness that the spirit brings to each of our lives. We haven't had any success in finding new investigators. I am running out of ideas. I just pray and pray and pray. I know that they are out there. We are still teaching a lot. It feels good to teach in every situation. It has been a little warm here. I have started to just pull my hair back. There is no sense in straightening it because it ends up in a ponytail anyway. There are more important things. I love being a missionary. I know I say that all the time but it is the truth. Sister Haycock and I are doing great. We just keep working and doing our best. We are finishing each others thoughts and sentences. I love that! The church is true! God is in control. He is very aware of our individual situations and is always looking for a way to bless us. I love all of you and I am so grateful for the plan of salvation and that we can live together forever! Have a wonderful week! Sister Mickelsen

No comments: