Thursday, March 12, 2009

Week 29

Feb 24, 2009
Hello my dear family and friends!
I hope you are doing wonderful! This week has been a little bit of a challenge but I am trying to stay positive and move forward. Last week I mentioned that I was going to visit the doctor for my foot. He told me that I have tendonitis in my left foot. I haven't tracted very much but I do the best I can. We work until I can't go and then we rest for a while and then go back. The Lord is blessing us. It is amazing what He can do if we have faith and do the best we can. Since we haven't tracted much we didn't have any new investigators when Sunday came. We went to church and a young girl in her twenties was sitting in the chapel. Sister Hoover introduced herself while I was playing the piano for someone. She told me after that she wasn't a member but her fiancĂ© was. Her fiancĂ© was just deployed to Iraq in the Marines. The couple who spoke in Sacrament Meeting was engaged when he went to Iraq for the first time. He talked about Iraq. The speakers were inspired. We talked to her after sacrament meeting and she was very excited. We answered some questions for her and got her address and number. She told us that she wanted to read the Book of Mormon but didn't know where to get one or how to get one. Of course we had one in our bag. The one that we had was the Book of Mormon that we had the Johnson family write their testimonies in. We told her what they were and she wanted to meet them. We took her to the Bishop's office and introduced her. She said she would be back next week. You don't find people that excited about church everyday. The Lord placed in our path because we couldn't go and find her. We have been praying to know who needed that Book of Mormon and that we could find news. The Lord answers our prayers if we move forward in faith and do all that we can. After church we had our first lesson with Nick. It was so great. His friend sat in through the entire lesson. The Young Men’s president, my fellow Utard, was there with us. The spirit was so strong. We can't teach him again until next Sunday but he committed to baptism. We are so excited! We are hoping that we can teach him the rest of the lessons next week and have him be baptized before Sister Hoover leaves. I can't believe it is only 2 weeks now! Transfer calls are next week and I can hardly believe it. The time seriously goes so fast. The Lord loves each and everyone of us. I know that our Savior lives and that He died for us that we might live again. I was reading in Alma 40 today and it talked about how we will be judged for our works. We are our own judges. If we don't make it to the celestial kingdom we can't blame anyone but ourselves. We have our agency and we have knowledge to know whether we are doing good or bad. It is my prayer that we will all continue to good so that we can be together forever in the celestial kingdom. Our Heavenly Father is merciful and loves each and every one of us so much! May we all remember that all we have comes from Him and we can be so much more if we submit our will to His. Have a wonderful week! I love each and every one of you! Thanks for all of your love and support! I wouldn't be who I am today with the love and examples I receive from you! Hermana Mickelsen

No comments: