Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Week 48

July 7, 2009
Well it has been another week! I got my new companion on Wednesday afternoon. I was very sad to say goodbye to my dear sister Gallik but my new companion is great! Her name is Sister Haycock. She is from Colorado. She lives in a little town south of Denver near Castlerock. She is so great! California is very different from her 70 acre land in Colorado. She is the oldest of 6 kids and is such a fireball. I love her! We have had a great week and it can only get better! She has a great testimony and I feel like she is training me. She is a great example to me. We have been working hard this week. We had a great lesson with Astrid and Rodrigo. I think that we are making progress. They opened up a lot and we had a good discussion. Brother Muelleck usually comes with us but this time he couldn't so Brother Kennedy came. It was a tender mercy because Brother Kennedy is a convert and was able to relate in a different way than Brother Muelleck could have. We will see what happens. We kneeled down in prayer after the lesson. It was the first time that I have felt like doing that. It was a sweet spirit. I hope that they recognized it and have a desire to continue to seek.We had a lesson with a lady named Ava. She is a great lady. She is having some terrible health problems. We are trying our best to bring her happiness. We had a difficult time helping her to understand that God has a body. I am hoping that the lesson this week with the Restoration will help her. We had a little surprise visit on Sunday. Sister Haycock and I were talking to some members and President walked in. It was a shock to me. It was funny because the Bishop wanted to talk to him and tell him that he wanted the sisters to stay in his ward. He didn't have to call him because he was right there in Sacrament meeting. It was great to see him. I always love being in his presence. I know that I was sent to this mission to serve with him. He has been such a blessing in my life and has helped me grow so much. I know he is inspired and leads this work by the spirit. I have become more aware of that this last transfer. I have needed each of my companions and he promised me that the work would continue no matter what. It has and I am grateful for his great love and counsel. Sister Haycock and I bore our testimonies in both the wards we attended. She is the one that turned to me and said let's go. I was a little nervous with President there but the spirit confirmed the truths of my testimony. I love this gospel and know that it is true with all my heart. The only way to know that anything is true is to test it out and pray about it. It is amazing how quickly your life can change as you live the gospel more fully. Thanks for all of your love and support! I have the best family in the world! I hope you all have a wonderful week! Love Hermana Mickelsen

No comments: