Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Week 47

June 30, 2009
This week has been such a great week! We had 2 baptisms this week! It was a beautiful experience! Edgardo and Jorge were baptized Tuesday night. We had the baptism for Young Men’s. Two of the Priests baptized and the other young men did the prayers and the talks. It was so great! It was a great bonding experience for the boys. Their mom was there and she also came to church for their confirmation. She is acting more interested. In one of the blessings they were told that they would be a tool in bringing more of their family to the gospel. The change in these boys is amazing! I just love seeing the progression. Each week they have more light in their eyes and you can just see their testimony grow. The gospel is amazing. We challenged the boys to read the Book of Mormon from cover to cover. We are doing it with them. Jorge commented about how he had never read a 500 page book. We agreed on a chapter a day. I am so excited for them! I know that this is only the beginning for the rest of their lives. One of them commented that it was a fresh start. It really is. Here is an update on the constant change for me. My companion Sister Gallik is leaving me tomorrow. I am so sad. She is so great! She has truly prepared me and helped me change my attitude about my mission. I love it more now. The assistants called me Sunday morning to tell me who my new companion would be. They are sending one of the sisters scheduled to come on the 14th of July tomorrow. In other words I will be an official trainer tomorrow! I can hardly believe it! It makes me a little nervous but I am sure that she is more nervous than me! I needed these last few weeks to help me see that no matter what happens the work continues. A couple transfers ago I asked President for a blessing. He told me in my blessing that nothing would stop the work that God has for me here, not my foot or my companions. When he gave it to me I thought that I wasn't going to get along with someone but now I can see that my Heavenly Father was preparing me for some crazy weeks. I know this is the work of God! I love all of His children. I love being a missionary and know that I can do whatever is asked of me! Have a great week! Love you! Love Hermana Mickelsen

No comments: