Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Week 16

Sorry this is a week late, I don't have any excuse other then I've been slacking. Oops!!


Hello my dear family!I hope all is well at home. I think about you often and pray for you several times a day. Things have calmed down out here and I hope that there won't be any more problems. The other day was pretty smokey! You couldn't even see the sky. It was covered in smoke. Along the coast you could see where the wind was blowing it up and away. It looked pretty cool. It looked we were having an inversion during the wintertime only it was 80 degrees. I took some pictures so you can see. It was snowing! Of course it was just white ash but I had never seen anything like it before. I felt like I was camping or something. It has cleared up a lot and you can't really smell the fires anymore. It doesn't feel like the middle of November because the weather is so warm. It has been in the high 80s all week. It is going to be a rude awakening when I return to Utah in the middle of the winter. Well this week has been so great! We had zone conference on Thursday and I just loved it. I cried only a little. My companion didn't even notice. She only knew that I cried in my interview with President Sexton. I wonder if I will ever have one without crying. At zone conference I was rejuvenated. Everything that was said felt like it was just for me. They gave us some great ideas for knocking and finding and for the first time I felt like I could do it. We went out on the doors that night and I did do it. It felt so great! President talked about what is going on around us and promised that we would be safe as long as we were obedient. The spirit protects us when we are doing as we should. Of course I already knew that answer but it is easy to forget sometimes. He shared some scriptures from Doctrine and Covenants that were amazing!(D&C 72:9-11 and 109:25-33) They said that no weapon formed against us would confound us. In the end of the verses he shared in 109 it talks about them pleading with the Father to break it off so that we may rise up and do the work that we called to do in this generation. It had such great power and I know that I needed that. I have been called to teach in this generation and nothing the world does will stop me from doing it. Even if we stand alone the truth will go forth, it will never fail. It really was so great and is so true! He promised that we would be taken care of and that He will take care of us. It brought great comfort. He also promised us that we would be able to find 5 new investigators by Sunday night. As of Thursday at conference we didn't have any new investigators. Thursday night we found one new. On Sunday we still only had the one. Sister Colwell said we are not going home until we have found all 5 of them. We were standing outside after our dinner appointment talking to the Elders when they saw a man walking down the street. They said, "There is a new for you". We left and went to talk to him. We taught him a little lesson and got his phone number and are teaching him this week! Then we went to go followup with someone who was a no show the day before and decided to knock his street. We found 5 new investigators on one street in one block in 30 minutes! It was truly amazing. My faith grew and knew that it was because we were obedient and diligent in working. I was so excited and I enjoyed knocking! It was fun for me and I knew that we were blessed because of our faith and our prayers. That is the only way to be successful in this work. Pray and have faith that you can do it and actually do the work. So great. I can't even explain the joy I felt. This gospel is true and the field is white and ready to harvest! We taught a lot this last week and it felt so good! It is definitely getting easier and I just love it. Today has been a great day so far. My testimony has grown in the importance of scripture study! The scriptures are truly the answer to everything. As I was reading my scriptures today I was just amazed at every verse I read. I had planned on reading in genesis and in alma. Every day I usually finish what I have planned to read but today I only read 2 chapters in the Book of Mormon! One hour of study and I read 3 pages! It was so chuck full of goodness! It was so amazing! Every word was what I needed and I have new love for the scriptures! I know that the scriptures speak to us. I was reading in Alma 26 about Ammon and the sons of Mosiah. They had just finished teaching the lamanites and were rejoicing in the blessings of missionary work. Ammon said did you realize the blessings you would receive from teaching the lamanites? We have been made instruments in the hands of the Lord, what greater blessing is there? It probably won't mean the same to all of you but it was what I needed. I am amazed that I missed it before. I have the read book of mormon before but this time is just amazing. The scriptures mean more because I understand the story line better now and it just so great! I cannot express it, just know that the scriptures are a blessing to us if we read them. In short read your scriptures the blessings are waiting. Thanks for the package and letters yesterday. It was so great to receive it! I am reading and rereading the talks from conference and I just love it. You just can't get enough. We asked an investigator to pray about being baptized yesterday and it was great. I really believe that she will be baptized. Well I hope that you are all doing well! I am excited to hear when little Brooklyn will come! I love you all so much and miss you like crazy! The church is true and my testimony grows each day. I often wonder what is happening in your lives and you are being blessed. I know that you are it is a promise of missionary work. I hope you are all being strengthened in the gospel. I love this work more everyday and I hope that one day I can say the same thing Ammon did. This is my life, this is my joy, this is my salvation. I know that I am an instrument in the hands of the Lord and that we can all be. As we seek Jesus Christ and look forward and prepare for his coming we will be strengthened and our lives will be blessed. The world will fall away and we will be a light to all of those around us. We will never fall if we build on thefoundation of the Savior Jesus Christ. I know He lives and that this is His gospel. Have a great week! I love you!

No comments: