Thursday, September 18, 2008

Week 8

Well can you believe it is my last P Day in the MTC? I can't! I received my flight plans on Friday and I fly out next Tuesday! I have to be at the travel office at 5. My flight leaves at 830 and I arrive in Long Beach at 1030 Utah time. I can hardly believe that it has been 2 months and that I am actually going to be in the field! It makes me nervous sometimes but I am so anxious and know that the Lord will bless me if I am faithful and humble. It has been a great week! We got some new sisters last week and it has been fun to be with them and get to know them. I am sad that we have to leave them when we are just starting a relationship. All is well though! Last night we had Elder Richard G. Hinckley come and speak. It was really great! At times I could hear President Hinckley's voice. He gave us the 9 Be's of missionary work. Some of them were the same as the original 6 Be's. I really have been humbled this week. As I look back on my experience here at the MTC I am amazed at what has happened. It was definitely not like anything I expected but I wouldn't change it for the world! I have felt my testimony grow and I know that is because of the experiences I have had. It is great to see the change in the elders. They are quite different than they were and they will continue to grow. Friday I was way excited to go when I got my flight plans but Saturday I was scared and not feeling ready. We had our TRC that night and it was a great experience for me. When I taught that night I felt the spirit so strongly. I then started thinking about how I get to do that everyday several times a day. I then realized that my Heavenly Father was telling me that it would be ok. My spanish may not be perfect but I know that He is there. I know that if I do everything that I can I can't mess up. He will touch their heart and whatever is supposed to happen will. I am so grateful for His faith in me! Yesterday we went to the referral center for the last time. I wasn't too excited to go but I changed my attitude. I received a chat from this lady and it was so cool. She asked why we had trials and I sent her a scripture in 2 Ne about needing opposion in all things. She said she liked it but said she couldn't find it the bible. I told her about the Book of Mormon and testified of it. She asked about it and I sent her a scripture about sheep in another fold and she said those are the people in the Book of Mormon. She then asked me how I knew it was true and if anyone could have a testimony of the Book of Mormon. It was so great! Right after I talked to her I got an inbound call. This man wanted finding faith in Christ and I got his information and asked if the missionaries could bring it over. He said yes and then asked if there was a church he could attend. I found the closest chapel and gave him the info. I then told him the missionaries would come over and share a message with him. He was very excited and told me that some missionaries had come over years back but he was a drinker then and didn't remember much. I asked if he had a copy of the book of mormon and invited him to read 3 Ne 11. I told him the missionaries would bring him one if he couldn't find the one he received years ago. He said no longer drank and was looking for the truth. I prayed for both of them last night and hope they will both receive the gospel. It was great precursor to going into the field. I am so grateful for my testimony and the opportunity I have to dedicate my life for the next 16 months to sharing that message! I love you all and miss you! I pray for you daily and know that you pray for me too. I don't know when my pday is in the field so I don't know when I will email again.

No comments: