Thursday, September 4, 2008

Week 6

Hello! It is so great to hear from you! I love reading emails Wednesday morning! Well I will tell you that Drake was delayed yesterday. I think he is scheduled to leave thursday but he may be delayed again. I didn't talk to him but I know someone in his zone and she told me yesterday. I'm glad he didn't leave and then have the hurricane hit. It's much safer here in the MTC. I talked to him on Sunday and gave him a big hug. We talked for awhile and he is going to be a great missionary! I can already see a change in him and his desire to serve the Lord! Mike and Annette you have a done a great job at raising a wonderful young man! We shed some tears and promised to write. I love being able to share this with my family! Well this week has definitely been another adventure! We went to the doctor Friday morning with Hermana Na'a and she was fine. During class she got light headed and dizzy and we took her to the clinic to rest for the day so we could go to classes. When we picked her up at 430 she still didn't feel well. She started throwing up and not doing well at dinner. So I got our zone leaders who went to get help and we ended up taking her to the ER again. I don't think that we really needed to but no one really listened to me. Anyway we were there until 1130 and the doctor just said your tests are negative and go to the doctor on Tuesday for your scheduled appointment. It was a long day. Saturday she rested all day so Hermana Hatch and I switched off going to class. Just a side note we went to her appointment yesterday and found out that she has to stay here for another month until she is better. I think we will be going to the doctor every week. Darin is always asking how I am because he knows that is stressful for me to leave. It is so wonderful to have a friendly family face who really knows me. Anyway, I went to class at 6 and just studied all day. I read the entire first lesson in Spanish and only had to refer to the english for a couple of words. Who knew? When I went to class I had to teach in Spanish. We teach every Saturday. I taught with some of the elders and it was very nerve racking but I did it. I didn't even struggle. The spirit was so strong and it was a testimony to me that you can teach anything if you have the spirit. It doesn't matter who you are teaching with or what language, He will make it happen if you have prepared. It felt way good and gave me confidence that I can do this. Sunday was a wonderful day! The sisters here are really lucky because get amazing speakers for relief society. This week we had one of the presidents of the districts wife come and speak. She talked about the power of music and it was really great. I love it when they focus on music because it I feel the spirit strongly through music. Hilary Weeks and Janice Kapp Perry came. Hilary sang and Janice had us sing a medley of her songs. It was so wonderful! I just loved it! After sacrament we went to the temple and took some pictures. It was fun. Monday was uneventful. It was very cold though. It is weird when the weather changes because it is about the only thing that does change here. Last night we had the opportunity of having another apostle come. It was Elder Quentin L. Cook. It was great to listen to him. The spirit is always strong when they come. He rejuvenated my desire to be here. It is sometimes hard to stay focused but last night I really felt that he was talking to me. The whole time he was talking the spirit was witnessing to me that I HAVE been called of God to represent Jesus Christ and His church. I have been trusted to carry His spirit and His message. It is no small thing and I feel honored to be His representative. I just love this work. I love it here and I love being surrounded by the spirit always. I know that this gospel is true and I am so thrilled to be a part of it and to share this wonderful truth with everyone! It is so important for us to share what we have. Well I look forward to your letters! Thanks for your letter aunt Connie it was great to hear from you! Darin and I are having a great time here together! I love you and miss you!

No comments: